Starbucks
4.0 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Shift Leader en Starbucks

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 468 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 47,691 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
I am grateful for the opportunity to work here as a barista and as a shift leader. I have learned a lot from working with the management team and with my fellow baristas.
Cultura laboral
Worked for this company for 8 years. Not my long term career due to other interests, but such a great part time job. I miss it now while I work corporate administrative work. The environment, the culture, the benefits, it was awesome. Of course there are managers/asst. managers that can make your day or not, but that’s everywhere. It was always fun, but the perks are awesome!
Pros
Free coffee, free stock
Contras
It can be repetitive work- it’s still customer service
Cultura laboral
Starbucks follows a lot of leading issues in the general food service environment. Teams become a close knit bunch however communication and cooperation between shifts are lacking because of the low standards in leadership. It is a great place when you have a great store manager. Working here can be barely worth the paycheck otherwise. I stayed for the pay and the benefits but it was not worth it in the end. Although I did enjoy my time at Starbucks and learned a lot about coffee culture and personal growth; I felt lonely and overworked because of the lack of decent leadership.
Pros
Benefits: health, eye, dental. Perks: Spotify, headspace, elevate, free coffee drinks, free food
Contras
Fast paced work environment with minimum personnel, unbalanced shifts, lack of communication in upper management
Cultura laboral
Can be a great place if you enjoy upper management caring more about numbers than employees. Feel sick and need a day off? Good luck. Hurt yourself while working from strenuous and repeated actions? Not the companies problem. Love making coffee? Too bad, you’ll hardly make any.
Cultura laboral
Okay, the company as a whole will greatly differ depending on if you are in a cafe store (more chill) or a drive thru (more hectic) and if you just want to be a Barista or move up in the ranks. I was with the company for 3 years. I started off as a barista helping to open a new drive thru store. The pace was quick, the training was good because the whole store was being trained...ONLY because the whole store was being trained. If you are going in to a set store, you might find a little "clique" culture and hopefully you fit in somewhere. You are supposed to get at least 2 days training on each position, but in all honesty... you won't especially if there are a lot of new people. If you are LGBTQ you will feel SO WELCOMED here. They respect your pronouns, let you express yourself however you see fit (within culture standards) and they genuinely care about your well being if you don't have a support system. Unfortunately, there are A LOT of call outs. If you are always looking to pick up a shift, you can at any store you are willing to travel to. Now, if you want to be promoted... good luck. The silly thing is, there is ALWAYS a higher position available, even if it is at another store. The issue is, some managers will NOT tell you this. I saw coworker after coworker be promoted being less qualified than I was, the earliest being promoted after 3 months. I was apparently qualified enough to train 3 of my bosses, but not "ready" for the position. It wasn't until I stopped taking extra shifts, questioned if POC have to work twice as hard, and refused to train anyone else to come - más...
Pros
Free food and drink, get to be creative, some customers are nice
Contras
Hard to be promoted if you are a POC, RUDE customers, and call outs
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
It's like any mega Fast-Food chain, wages are higher than normal but still feel low in comparison to the stress associated with the role. Lower-level management (DM's, SM's) only care about appearances to the upper-level management. Upper-level management only cares about appearances with the top tier, and thus, thousands of employees go overlooked. Alas, such is life when working for giant cooperation in a Capitalist society. You get free Starbucks stock and Spotify, though!
Cultura laboral
Starbucks offers great flexibility. This is the perfect job if you want to work part-time and still get benefits; you can pretty much make your own schedule. It is a foot in the door type of job. You are not going to make a career out of it, unless you become a Store Manager but even in that case it is not worth it because the pay is low and you can find a better job with better pay. I recommend it if you are young and with no work experience and if you are trying to build your resume. For the type of job, the company offers really good benefits(insurance for part time employees).
Pros
Schedule Flexibility and benefits
Not your adult job
Cultura laboral
Starbucks prides itself as being a company that not only takes great care of their customers, but also in it's employees which they lovingly deem "partners." They pretend to have a warm and inviting workplace, inclusive of all peoples from all backgrounds. Teamwork and caring about your partners is emphasized, as this company wants each store to be like a tight knit family unit. At first I felt like I was a great fit, but during my first month I began seeing red flags. Management is very dysfunctional. There is no communication between them and they were content to stay angry with each other rather then figure out a solution. Shift leads would talk badly about each other and leave petty messages or extra work just to spite each other rather than effectively discuss the issue. Head management was extremely harsh and displayed a very obvious favoritism, and partners and shift leads that didn't live up to their own personal standards (completely disregarding the company standards) were consistently "coached" in a non helpful manner until they were terminated or quit. I have never felt so unsupported and alone in a workplace then I did at Starbucks. Both partners and managers formed their own tight knit cliques and would incessantly gossip and make fun of others outside of their circle. The store manager has no empathy and does not care about their employee's situation if it inconveniences them. For a company that claims to care about the mental wellbeing of their partners, you would think they would actively show proof of this but in reality we all were underpaid and overworked. - más...
Pros
Free spotify premium, free drinks, premium healthcare
Contras
No communication, workplace drama, uncaring management, favoritism
Cultura laboral
This job is a great place for anyone to start or advance their careers! It is to date my favorite job! The schedule is lenient, and the work while challenging is so worthwhile!
Cultura laboral
Great job to experience, fast paced and you meet many people. May seem overwhelming at first but with enough training can handle anything thrown at you.
Pros
Great benefits and flexibility
Overwhelming at first
Cultura laboral
Honestly, it depends on the store you work at. I feel like that's sort of a thing with most food service jobs. Depending on who the store manager / DM ends up being you can either have a great store that runs smoothly or you can have an absolute dumpster fire. Sadly the location I did work at was a dumpster fire. Management did not have your back, the customers were not nice most of the time, and sadly Starbucks policy helps back the bad attitude of the customers as they can get basically anything they want for free even if they are lying because that's how their policy goes. The benefits are probably the one plus to the job.
Pros
Benefits
Contras
Cultura laboral
I had so much fun at this job. My only concern was the upper management (above SM) who didn’t seem to care about development and upward movement within the company.
Pros
Drinks, customers, tips!
District management, understaffing
Cultura laboral
The Minden, NV Starbucks Roasting Plant/Distribution Center has a very positive work culture that feels like a family. This is one of the best companies I have worked at by far, partially due to the luck of having a great team and a great manager! Starbucks offers pretty good pay, with an amazing benefits package - great insurance, 100% 401k match, free stock awards every year that can be cashed out within a year if desired, very safety oriented, very positive, employee discount, onsite gym, 100% free tuition at ASU online while employed, full service coffee/Frappuccino bar and a free bag of coffee every week (mark out) at any Starbucks location!If you have a goal, Starbucks will help you to reach that goal, even if it means transferring to a different dept, branch, state, or country! They offer amazingly flexible schedules for part time employees (and yes part time employees can get benefits too). At the time they were offering 2 or 3 day a week schedules, with a mandatory Saturday, and oftentimes flexibility to pick what your other days will be (you don’t get to choose every week, but when you get hired you may be able to choose your 3 days- I.e. mondays and Saturday’s).They are also very culturally driven by the quality of coffee and employees enjoy monthly coffee tastings and updates in company goals and new coffee curations that the company is working on. You can attain your coffee master or tea master certificate while working there!The only downsides of this company are that during holiday season (Nov-early Jan), it gets very busy and mandatory overtime of - más...
Pros
Great culture, generous benefits, 100% free tuition, safety/quality/people driven culture, flexible schedule for part timers, free bag of coffee, coffee tastings/certification
Contras
Mandatory overtime during busy season, some locations are very small, making opportunities to move up very limited
Cultura laboral
This was one of my favorite jobs to have at the beginning it’s pretty fast paced but the crew there are helpful and keep encouraging you. Management at the time was great and understanding as long as you were a hardworking person you’d have no problems with them. Definitely recommend working for this company if to get the chance.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work atmosphere
Cultura laboral
The coworkers are probably the people I miss the most. I left because there were a few people who gossiped and really made the job cutthroat, especially if you need a day off for whatever reason. The job was relatively easy once you got the basics but it became repetitive and dull after a while. The customers can really rip you apart as a person and when you request mental health help as they claim to be a pro-mental health awareness company, they just tell you to not take it personally and move on.
Pros
Free meals, free drinks on the clock
Customers, some managers
Cultura laboral
This company is flexible with scheduling and they have decent insurance. If you are in school or just need a side hussle it's good. Customers can be down right abusive though, so you need to have thick skin. Just being real. Also, I don't know if this is a company wide thing. I worked out of the Portland, OR metro area in several stores and the district managers were some of the worst people I have ever met. One last thing I would like to add is that sbux goes hard with "company culture" so watch out.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement, healthcare, flexible schedule
Contras
Horrible management, delusional coworkers, rude customers.
Cultura laboral
Productive and fun workplace. Very fast paced with a lot of customer interaction. Team work was above reproach and the Manager was very people oriented.
Pros
Enjoyable environment
Contras
Beware of Corporate Management change. Every single experienced employee was replaced.
Cultura laboral
Very high paced but also fun. Have some interesting customers come by. If you do not make customer connections, you get bad remarks. Also good benefits for part time workers including tuition reimbursement.
Cultura laboral
Working for Starbucks is challenging, physically demanding, and emotionally taxing. With that said, the job is great if u can hang through it, the benefits that Starbucks offers you, even as a part timer are wonderful and well worth it's high stress.
Cultura laboral
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Starbucks is awesomePay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Starbucks are greatJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Starbucks, I think they can do betterManagementIn general, managers at Starbucks are underpaidCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Starbucks is amazingOverallMy experience working at Starbucks was good
Cultura laboral
Starbucks is a great first job, but I've found that once you've been here for a while, it can get. repetitive. The pay does not make up for what you actually have to do.
Pros
Free food and drink
Contras
A lot of work for not a lot of pay