Starbucks
4.0 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Retail Assistant Manager en Starbucks

Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 101 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 47,691 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
A fantastic foot in the door to building relations with ambitious people and learning the ins and outs of a "community" driven business!
Cultura laboral
Other stores have been a blessing, but the one I worked at was a monstrosity.Between management not taking any accountability and resting every mistake on yours, people never getting fired, people not being properly trained. The customers were rude, the tips sucked and the store was a literal dumpster fire every day,Skip the Lubbock market, literally anywhere else is better.
Pros
free coffee, spotify and therapy
Contras
poor management, poor scheduling, rude customers
Cultura laboral
It's a good job with good benefits and after working there 6mo you qualify for basically a free bachelor's through Arizona State University. Honestly though, the environment is super stressful and not rewarding. I was honestly disappointed in the manager culture. Your DM doesn't have your back as a barista and they won't care about problems you have with your GM.
Pros
benefits, free spotify
Contras
stressful, management doesnt care about you
Cultura laboral
This is a terrible place to work at. Every single manager does not matter the location expects Starbucks to be your life line. Expects you to live for Starbucks when you honestly don’t even care. They care about customer connection but then don’t staff enough people and expect you to stretch yourself way too thin.
Cultura laboral
You’ll remember your time at Starbucks for the rest of your life. It’s not as easy as people think but your store becomes like your family and I wounding trade my years at Starbucks for anything.
25 enero 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback while working at Starbucks Canada. We are listening, and your feedback is invaluable. At Starbucks, we strive to create a positive experience for all partners (employees). We hope to see you in stores again soon.
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
overworked and underpaid. this job is not worth it at all. unless you are planning on going to college (ASU), the only real benefit are the free drinks. and after a few weeks you get sick of everything on the menu.
Cultura laboral
I think overall the company does a good job for the type of work it is.Customers are rude, especially in the affluent area I work in. Management varies widely, but my experience has been a positive one overall. Typical day is what you might expect for a barista. A lot of making drinks, talking to customers, and cleaning.Culture is okay, we're so busy most times there isn't a lot of time for idle chit-chat.Pay depends on your location, but above most service-industry jobs.
Pros
Coworkers, generally supportive management
Stressful, rude customers
Cultura laboral
Starbucks has provided me a great job while I was in school. At times it was a bit stressful and customers can be mean, but overall, I learned a lot. There are even opportunities for advancement and promotions. They have great benefits if you love coffee.
Pros
free food and beverages, discounts, other great benefits, promotion opportunities, lots of resources
Contras
stressful, on your feet all day, a bad manager can ruin your experience
Cultura laboral
Ok, working at Starbucks is unlike any place I’ve worked before. There is a ton of information that you will need to learn. My training for Shift Supervisor, involved working at a training for one week, it’s very fast paced. When it came time to learn and make drinks, my training was practically nonexistent. Most of what I learned about making drinks was self taught. Fast forward into the job a year and I was doing more than what my title and pay entitled. I was doing orders, training, Human Resources issues (staff conflicts), Backroom maintenance most of which my Store Manager was responsible for. When it came time for promotions I was promised things and I wouldn’t hear back anything, when I asked for an update I was told that it would be probably better if I just stayed where I was. Way to much stress to say all you are doing is making drinks and serving customers, most of which were rude and some felt they were entitled to not have to pay as much as other customers (well I do it at other store’s). When an offer came to work else where I jumped at the chance. It wasn’t all bad, I worked with and met some really great people.
Pros
Free drinks.
Contras
Long hours or no hours. Not enough product to make certain promotional drinks.
25 agosto 2020
Cultura laboral
Starbucks is overall a good company to work for, however sometimes managers that are hired as new hires are not fit for that job. The store vibe varies vastly from store to store!
Pros
Free coffee
25 enero 2021
Cultura laboral
I had a overall good experience but it was exclusively based on if I had good managers or bad ones. The company seems to let managers (shifts and SMs) get away with a lot.
Pros
Great people, lifelong friendships, free coffee
Contras
Unstable hours, experience based on how nice your manager is
Cultura laboral
I was a shift supervisor and it was fun most of the time but management kind of sucks. Other shift supervisors would think they’re better than you and sometimes the partners will be under so much stress but the manager will prioritize work more than their health.
Cultura laboral
Starbucks has been a great experience. There will always be ups and downs as long as you make the best of it. Don’t take opportunities for granted . They are always looking for partners to advance in Starbucks .
Cultura laboral
i love that there's always a challenge and helping partners grow in areas that are challenging for them helps with team building. being able to connect with your community and watch them become family is an amazing experience'
Cultura laboral
Have never enjoyed a job more than Starbucks. I’m valued, respected and my needs are met. I have met some of best people to work with through this job.
Cultura laboral
The job overall is just overwhelming at times. As a supervisor you do everything the manager making salary does minus staffing and scheduling. The least they could do is pay more.
Cultura laboral
Pros Great Benefits Competitive wage Friendly staff Great Management Cons Opening shifts start earlier than transit Customers usually have low patience Stressful
29 octubre 2020
Thank you for taking time to write a review on your experience at Starbucks Canada. We care for each and every partner deeply and we are listening to your feedback. At Starbucks, we strive to create a positive experience for all partners (employees). If you do have any questions or concerns, please connect with your manager, keep up the amazing work!
Cultura laboral
You'll actually go into work enjoying it and the people never make it seem like actual work. You grow relationships with customers and you just become a family that you care about. You're not just selling coffee you're growing connections.
Cultura laboral
A Starbucks employee as a shift supervisor is required to complete a set of tasks and is also required to coach his or her team according to the business needs
15 octubre 2020
Cultura laboral
starbucks is a great place to get your first time job or maybe just a part time job with something else. i found it really easy to balance my social life with the shifts that I was given. My biggest issue was when my store did not have enough people to cover my keyholding shift so i was required to work alot of shifts that would have otherwise been easy to cover.
Pros
free coffee and drinks while working
Contras
difficult to get a wage increase
18 septiembre 2020
Cultura laboral
I love this company. I wouldn't stay with them 5+ years! There are wonderful benefits and the partners are amazing, but it's work. Not work for the weak.