Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de IBM en Ashburn, VA

Estás viendo evaluaciones en Ashburn, VA, según tu ubicación actual.
¿No es tu ubicación deseada?
Elegir otra
Título del empleo
Ubicación
Se encontraron 16 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsqueda
Ver las 30,471 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral
I was excited when I started at IBM, Learning the different technique of how to build different systems to customer standard was very exciting. But when working with some of the people there was very dissatisfying. Some is trying to blame you for things that you can get wrote up for, Some didn't want to show you the whole process of how to complete some of the project, you just place items in servers and their do the rest. some of the manager would tell you "you are not a good fit for the job without telling you why. There was no Work Ethic, mostly everyone had their own agenda. Ether you kiss up or get kicked out and a company of that caliper should not have that in the work place.
Pros
Snack, drinks, coffee, work on some of the older server to learn rebuilds
Contras
Learn on your own dont ask anyone, Read the book don't ask. ve
Cultura laboral
Once management changed, things got too stressful. My former shift lead was promoted to manager but he definitely was not fit to be a manager. He was put there because he had been there the longest when the other manager quit. A good 6, from a 15 person team, eventually found other jobs because the new manager liked to micromanage and was incompetent. That is ultimately the main reason I also found another job simply because I couldn't deal with the constant micromanaging even though I was there for 3 years and knew how to do my job well. If it wasn't for the new manager, I wouldv'e never left.
Pros
Snack, benefits, co-workers
Contras
Management, unpaid lunch, high turnover
Cultura laboral
IBM is a great place to work as a fresher in the IT industry like me. Although the salary is not really good , it is the best company i know that has the best of benefits for its employees
Cultura laboral
IBM acquired SoftLayer, but maintained SoftLayer pay scales which is nearly 50% less than other companies. Knowledge is not easily attained for growth
Pros
Foot in the door of the of the IT industry.
Contras
Pay, shifts, learning material, supervisors, onboarding process
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?
Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente
Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros
Cultura laboral
the salary for an IBM sbt is way lower than any company in the market, theres alot of work and not enough pay. Work hours are good , vacation and benefits are good but management is pretty poor.
Cultura laboral
Unless you are high up the ladder within the corporate company, the job growth is not great. You would have to relocate depending on which departments you are in.
Pros
Free snacks, Free drinks, Benefits
Contras
Pay is not consistent to living expenses
Cultura laboral
Learn skills such as basic hardware, network troubleshooting via Linux/KVM, how a ticketing system works. Management could be worked on, rarely ever around.
Pros
N/a
no advancement, poor management
Cultura laboral
I believe the poor management is my main reason to leave the most enjoyable part of this job is having cool coworkers what I have learned here is not limited to what I wrote in my resume they ask you to do new things everyday that is what I like here
Pros
Good place to learn new things
Contras
poor management, low pay salary
Cultura laboral
There pay rate is extremely low, the amount of work people do they dont pay according to that . The management is also very bad they dont interact and help there technician
Cultura laboral
The people in the company at lest the one that I know are all accommodating and helpful. as far as day to day actives please refer to my resume. IBM is a great place to work for.
Cultura laboral
The best place to be working at. Pay is well, you get to learn a lot. The location is nice, pay is a little on the lower side. But over all the benefits are great.
Cultura laboral
When you first start out, you'll get handed an outdated training manual. After the first couple of days to week(s) you'll get enrolled in a confusing, unorganized computer training which has a lot of mistakes and misinformation. The career path here is almost nonexistent, and management will NOT care about your training, advancement, or morale.
Pros
Free unhealthy snacks, and drinks
Too many to list
Cultura laboral
Good starting experience for IT. Get it and move on. Entry level and and not much more. Will open doors for you though in the IT world being its a 24/7 Enterprise Datacenter enviroment
Pros
free snacks
management and pay
Cultura laboral
IBM is market Leader in many areas. It is excellent company to work with which provides opportunity to your innovation and your growth. I always got opportunity to work on challenging Project with highly motivated people which helped me grow; I worked with Sr. Leaders who had complete trust on me.
Cultura laboral
I will resist saying anything positive about this IBM Cloud. Because, there isn't any! Always over work their employees. I can rant forever.
Cultura laboral
Great company to work for, good benefits, lots of work but great teamwork atmosphere. The team always covers your back. Great career path it you want to keep advancing but you can do the same thing if you like it and do not want to advance.
Pros
Great work/life balance, teamwork, benefits