logotipo de la empresa Dell Technologies
Dell Technologies
4.0 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Principal Software Engineer en Dell Technologies

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 103 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 10,462 evaluaciones

Competition from within

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
There are many software products competing to get attention from a few hardware products. Since most times the software is given as part of hardware sales. Your products relation with the hardware sales guys makes a huge difference. Besides at any point, they may acquire a competing company and then release that product also into the market. Its a nice place if not for the lack of understanding of the market needs and handling of these requirements.

Pros

Benefits

Contras

Lack of clear product future
Cultura laboral

Great place to work, buy growth may be challenging in some circumstances

I have worked for Dell for 12 years. Dell provides great benefits. Advancement may be difficult and require a move to another department of group depending on the skills need for a promotion. Otherwise it is a stable company to work for. Management is great and will make every effort to help in guiding your career, but it is up to the employee to chart the path and have the drive to succeed. Goals can be high and require going beyond a normal 40hr week. A Dell employee must be self driven to succeed.

Pros

Great benefits and Bonus

Contras

Advancement does not come easy. Employees must be driven and work above average for a promotion.

Dynamic work Environment

Happy to work in this organization. Highly collaborative and dynamic work culture. There is recognitions whoever take the challenges and complete their assignments

Pros

Strong Release Management, Latest technical adherence, Agile practice, Work from home policy etc

Contras

Lack of User training for beginners
Cultura laboral

Very poor employment practice and ethics

I have spent my entire 5 years career as a new graduate with Dell Technologies, have worked in different groups and creative friends. People surrounding me were always helpful - that's a great culture you will love to be part of. However, employment practice and ethics is 0 out of 5. They assured me of fixing my visa, wasted all my OPT period, and pushed me to Dell Canada with the hope to finish my Green Card processing. Eventually, they laid off the team and I became the ultimate victim. With their 30 years of experienced advisor and attorney, they have destroyed my life - no visa in the USA and a closed work permit in Canada! They never keep promises!

Pros

Great teams and people from diverse culture

Contras

They don't care for your life or what they have promised, International graduates with CPT-OPT visa are never recommended, Very poor HR and immigration department communications, All the plans regarding your visa issue are lucrative - they rarely solve your visa issue, Very poor employment ethics, Software has always been looked as secondary business

You are just a resource

Management does not care about their employees. They think everyone is interchangeable and expendable. The typical day is 80% process and 20% logical work. There is no incentive to excel, little recognition of a job well done, and absolutely nothing to instill loyalty and dedication.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

It a good company

Great companyVery care the health of employee, during the COVID-19My manager is very good leader, help me to join Dell smoothly, have reqular 1X1 meeting to check my status

fun workspace

Nice place to work. Good work environment and learning.work flexibility. Great management and fun-loving and helping people. A great learning place to work.

Great company with Great Culture

Pros: All the pros I would list them based on my experience in my own team. Here are a few: Great compensation package and benefits. Some percentage of CPF aka retirement saving contributed to foreign employees in Singapore. Great culture. Work from home. Flexible working hour. Full of talented and hardworking colleagues. Managers and directors are here for you to help if you need them. Working with US team is good even though we are in completely different time zones. Onboarding, laptop, multiple monitors and all required tools are ready to be used to kickstart your journey at Dell Tech on your first day. Cons: If I have to nitpick, I would say we need more performant laptop like XPS. Current professional latitude 5400 is not fast enough especially for our team since we are doing heavy IoT software development stuff day to day.
Cultura laboral

Good when you're in the right place

The company tends to shift focus frequently in the storage space where I worked. If you're on a hot project, you get recognition and support. Then the direction changes you can feel left out in the cold a bit. In my work area, they laid off an entire department. Nice severance was provided, but their jobs were gone.
Cultura laboral

Knowledgeable colleagues. Good work life balance. Competitive benefits.

Knowledgeable colleagues. Good work life balance. Competitive benefits. Dell also has a flexible work policy that allows work from home but that depends on the team.

Good Company

management may work for themselves. So, be aware. Overall good company to work for Reasonable work life balance Not a good technological innovation company
Cultura laboral

I have no idea what it is like to work at Dell Technologies

EMC was bought by Dell and my experience is no longer relevant. So, there is nothing I can say of value here. I have no idea what it's like working at Dell. I do know my former work went to India.

gfg

I would not recommend this company to anyone, the pay is ok but that's it. Home based working is well resourced and you sometimes have to go into the main office
Cultura laboral

Mostly great place to work.

Lots of snacks, ping pong, etc. Management mostly is out of your way. Location took a big hit pre EMC merger, morale down in the dumps, etc. Lots of churn around agile transformation
Cultura laboral

Great PTO (almost too much to take).

Paid Time Off is almost more than you can use. Good Vacation, Maternity/Paternity program, Bereavement, plus Christmas Week is paid off in addition to regular Vacation etc.

Balanced workplace

There is emphasis on continuing education and keeping talent inside the company once it is found. My co-workers were all very good people and a pleasure to work with.
Cultura laboral

My co-workers were really excellent to work with

Every one of my co-workers in the Richardson that I came into contact with were excellent to work with. They were helpful when you needed information and listened when your had an idea or perceived a problem in a feature.

Need new blood

Great employees, but old company (35 yrs) acting like it. Red tape the norm. Trying to modernize development toward better Agile approach, while leadership is waterfall.

Pros

Good coworkers. Minimal politics. Ethical.

Contras

Like most old companies, can't understand that not all indicators of success fit on a spreadsheet.

Be ready to move

Mixed bag of good and bad people. Be ready to move. Many groups with different cultures. very flexible work hours. time off is good. fun people to be around.
Cultura laboral

Good

Good work life balance encouraging work culture challenging work Salary is ok and benefits are also fine. Great values, socially responsible, conducts lot of CSR

Productive and Fun at work Place

Nice Place to work. Productive and Fun at work Place. You will know well in advance of your work and deadlines future plans and different activities you gonna do the period of time.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en Dell Technologies. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general