logotipo de la empresa Dell Technologies
Dell Technologies
4.0 de 5 estrellas.
Recibe actualizaciones semanales, nuevos empleos y evaluaciones

Evaluaciones de Dell Technologies en Oklahoma City, OK

Evaluar a esta empresa
Título del empleo
Ubicación

Puntuaciones por categoría

Ordenar por

UtilidadCalificaciónFecha
Se encontraron 297 evaluaciones con los criterios de la búsquedaVer las 10,462 evaluaciones
Cultura laboral

Layoffs and unclear direction of company

Evaluación destacada de Indeed

La evaluación más útil según Indeed
Job security is very low but that is like with any other company.Culture sensitivity is practiced in the environment.Management has unclear vision of where company is headed.
Cultura laboral

Compensation goals are unrealistic moving targets

Company has lost any insight of treating employees with respect and fairness. Incentive moved from positive motivation to negative motivation - even simply be the fear of being able to keep a job. Goals moved beyond realistic as compensation and benefits depleted.

Pros

It’s a job

See above
Cultura laboral

No real downsides for me

I enjoy working for Dell. It is easily the best job I have ever had. They take great care of their employees. I do not plan on making a move after 3 years with the company.

Run away

Dell does not care about ethics,they need u to lie and sell stuff. It was my first job and there was contasnt pressure to sell stuff..whether a customer need it or not

Pros

Desk a computer

Lying to customers
Cultura laboral

They treat you well it’s an average job

Average office job. They treat their employees well but it’s still a large corporation. You get plenty of training and support throughout the process management kinda sucks sometimes though.

Pros

Mostly easy work usually

Sometimes bad management
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

Califica una empresa en la que trabajaste recientemente

Comparte tu experiencia para ayudar a otros

Great culture

The culture and work life balance is great at Dell. If it wasn't for some of the people I worked for and with then I don't think I would have stayed at Dell as long as I did.

Hurry up and wait

COVID-19 hit, Dell started losing money, Dell cut employees like deadweight.Just another biyearly crisis to churn the work force and get fresh souls to squeeze.

Pros

Mandatory overtime.

Mandatory overtime.

Great Lifelong Company

Dell is the kind of company where you can call home. Great benefits, everyone is there to help each other out, and there is tons of room for advancement (promotes from within).

Pros

Compensation, community service, personal and professional development, benefits

Contras

Sometimes can be stressful and fast-paced -- nature of the business

It's a job.

The company itself isn't so bad. Good benefits, competitive pay. The work itself is stressful and unrewarding. Not enough training for the calls they want you to take. While the warranty states customers MUST be available to troubleshoot, this is often ignored if the customer screams enough and to the right people. But if that next dispatch doesn't fix it, it comes back on you. Management has started to shift from customer oriented to metrics driven.I want emphasize the company itself has lots of benefits, its the just the work that gets soul sucking.

Pros

401k, medical, dental, paid time off, vacation, work from home during COVID.

Contras

Constant inbound call queue. Focus on call metrics. Escalated customers. Lacking necessary training.

Fun

I enjoyed my time working here. They kept you challenged and it was fairly clear what you were measured against. The management were originally in our position.
Cultura laboral

Hang out with the right people

Work-life balanceThey stopped paying overtime in March because of COVID and made us work for free. It was impossible to finish the extra work we were giving so we were just told not to log our hours.Pay & benefitsIf you don’t get along with one or two people in the Oklahoma City office you’ll never advance. That makes the pay terrible.Job security and advancementPopularity contest.ManagementThere are bullies in the culture. In the time I worked there I only had one manager who I felt was really on my side.OverallAnd you’ll go far. Unfortunately it’s hard to know who that is when you’re brand new. This place is a total popularity contest. I’m grateful for the technical knowledge I gained while working here but the politics are ridiculous. They promote young mostly male sales makers and the first people to be laid off when COVID began were older people (especially women) and those that were sick and/or with chronic health conditions that obviously needed their benefits. It’s tragic because I think the CEO would be appalled at what goes on in OKC.
Cultura laboral

great place to learn and grow your career

awesome place to learn and has plenty of advancement opportunities (covid is affecting that, but let's be real its affecting every thing). People are allowed to be themselves and to question "why". Most in management help you get where you want to be and actually care about you as a person and they want people to succeed.

Contras

Periods of mandatory overtime with sometimes short notice

Amazing Culture.

Literally nothing bad to say about Dell. Great pay, great benefits, amazing people. I was happy to go to work pretty much everyday. There is so much to learn but if you take the time you can make alot of money.

Pros

Work from home

Contras

Not really a con but alot to learn.

Dell

Great company, love the pay and the hours, great benefits, you will love to work for Dell it is awesome, again I would just like to submit this butvI can't until I reach 150 characters

Pros

great pay

no cons
Cultura laboral

Bad place to work. They want you to lie to the customer.

There's no right or wrong sometimes. There's only if the customer calls your supervisor's boss. Then they will tell you that you said it wrong. Even though you told the customer what management told you to tell them. Even when your supervisor initially agreed.

Fun work place

I loved working there. But the one thing I will miss the most is how they would bring in food from local restaurants. The building was like a mini city with even its own mini convenience store.

Workplace Culture Makes the Job Even More Enjoyable

Working at Dell was enjoyable in my role and being able to see how my customers were using the equipment that they purchased for their individual businesses. Our Dell Culture Club definitely made every day in the office even more enjoyable with all of the activities and competitions that they put together for us all to do!

Popularity Culture

Being good at your job with Dell will get you nowhere. You can exceed every goal and be completely overlooked. Half the managers only got their positions because of who they know not because they can actually perform the job. It is very unfortunate and creates a very toxic and unprofessional work environment.

Good but not great

Benefits and pay are good. Promotions are few and far between and based on the buddy system, not based on how well you perform your work. The environment is good.

The people

The people you work with make the job fun. I learned quite a bit on the job, was able to pass the A+ certification on just the knowledge I gained from working there for 6 months. The hardest part about working there is keeping up with all the metrics they want you at.

Was great to work.

Be prepared to bend over back words to help them. If you have any home issues, they might not be willing to help you with it. Even with FMLA and all of that.
¿Te ha sido de ayuda esta evaluación?

¿Quieres saber más sobre trabajar en esta empresa?

Haz un pregunta sobre trabajar o entrevistarse en Dell Technologies. Nuestra comunidad de usuarios te ayudará con tus dudas.Haz una pregunta

Puntuación general